Competition in starting up your gasoline station business in entering the petroleum industry is primarily based on location and price. To give your business a competitive edge, here are some of the key success factors for gasoline station operators:
- Open your station in a convenient location.
- Find additional income from related services such as selling of food and beverages, mechanical, and workshop.
- Adapt to changing customer demands.
- Grow a loyal customer base.
- Hire skilled staff.
- Closely monitor your competition.
In addition, the major barrier to entering the automotive fuel retail industry is poor profitability compared to the high costs to start and close a business. This is why, hand in hand with the key success factors mentioned, NeoBros Venture Corp. can help you achieve your competitive edge by providing you high-quality fuel pumps and dispensers from Hitachi and services that can help maintain your gasoline business needs
Service Station Business Start-up Guide [PDF]. (2012, September). Australia: Dept. of Industry, Innovation, and Science.